Thursday, March 25, 2010

HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU?


Well, you will all be happy because I am keeping today's post SHORT. This morning was another unhappy wake-up experience. That is another way of saying migraine. I ate a granola bar with some pain pills and fell back to sleep. This is not all that unusual, actually, but this part is: just before I woke up I was dreaming. My father was there and so was someone else, but I can't remember who. I knew that I was going to pass out. I have never actually passed out. It is the oddest sensation. You only get a blink of a second before it happens. Even in my dream I didn't have time to tell my dad that I was going to pass out before the event happened. I felt myself spiralling out and then nothing. I didn't feel myself hit the floor or anything. I woke up.


After I woke up, I remembered that this was actually the second time I dreamt of passing out. The first time wasn't all that long ago, meaning within a year. After I got up, I spent some time trying to remember as much as I could about the first dream. I really couldn't conjure many details except that I deduced that the reason I passed out the first time (in my dream) was that I was hot. I wasn't sweaty or anything when I woke up, but I was thinking, "you better stick your foot out," and that thought was followed up with, "well, you were too late." My thought process, then, was that had I stuck my foot out, it would have cooled me off enough that I wouldn't have passed out.

This morning, I was cold after taking the pills and pulled an extra blanket over my shoulders. So, now I am wondering ~ again ~ if this is another case of being too warm? I didn't wake up warm or sweaty or anything like that, so I can't say with any certainty that is what happened. The other thing I considered was medicine changes, and I ruled that out.

For the record, if I was passing out in a waking state, I would be in my doctor's office in a red hot minute. Since I am dreaming, I will ask her about it the next time I see her, but I don't consider it a state of emergency.

So, have you ever passed out in your sleep?

2 comments:

  1. I have never passed out in my sleep - that doesn't sound very good at all! I'm sorry you're still not feeling well... make sure to take care of you! (and yes, I'm totally screwed...I throw such great parties I'm the whole family's designated cruise director at this point. Sigh.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I passed out in a mall after an anxiety attack. llol.
    never in my sleep.
    I have fallen off the Eiffel tower onto a gigantic teddy bear in my sleep.
    I still haven't figured that one out.

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!