Thursday, June 3, 2010

HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY

I have been looking forward to this day all week. It is HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY! To recap for any newbies to this event: The best (or worst) part is that I am not going to explain why I chose "whatever" footage for each of you. If, you watch your footage and are scratching your head at the end, well that means I didn't do a very good job. However, all is not lost. You can email me at rarichards68@gmail.com and ask me what I was thinking when I chose that particular piece of footage off of youtube and connected it to you. And then I will tell you. Then I will start sending up prayers that I haven't offended the crap out of whoever is on the receiving end of that email....lol. Because, honestly, I will tell you right now... I admire all of you enormously so I really hope that doesn't happen.

Also, this is not an exclusive venture by any means. I hope that you will take the time to watch ALL of the footage because I don't pick bad footage:-) I also hope that you might check out the blog of the person I dedicated the footage to because they are pretty darn awesome. If you haven't figured this out yet... I pick the footage based on something that you've written or something that I've gleaned from your personality. Think on that for a while... Lastly, don't forget to turn off my music player at the bottom of the page. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you are looking at this and thinking that there are a lot of videos this week, you are right. There are more than usual. (It's because you guys are all so awesome!) I hope that you still take the time to watch them all or come back and watch later the ones you don't have time for today. Now, let's get this PARTY STARTED!!!!

This one is for Kim at Saving My Life: A Weightloss/PCOS Blog:




This one is for Java at Never Growing Old:




This one is for Ro Magnolia at Soft Winds and Roses:




This one is for Chris at A Deliberate Life:




This one is for The Novelist at A Novel Experiment (Part 1):




This one is for The Novelist at A Novel Experiment (Part 2):




This one is for Purple Cow at Australian in Athens:




This one is for Phoenix at Res Ipsa Loquitur:




This one is for Misery at Leftovers From Illumination:

The embed feature was disabled so you have to click here to watch.


This one is for Bathwater at Memento Mori:

The embed feature was disabled so you have to click here to watch.

12 comments:

  1. @Bathwater~I listened to/watched Mr. Brightside by The Killers. I suppose I can see why you resonate to that song. However, for me to dedicate it to you isn't really me dedicating it to you; it is you dedicating it to you. So, that wouldn't really count. I know that you're not really a country fan. I am not without clue. And I did like your Mr. Brightside song btw (and for the record), but I liked the message in this one, and I hope you can get past the fact that it is country. If not, I might be striking out 9 times out of 10 with you on my dedications! Anyway, I am hoping that the next time you take Max to the ballpark you bat up and get on base. It doesn't have to be a homerun; I'd just like to see you get in the game:-) Swing batter batter batter swing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet to take time out like that and search for the perfect vid! Now how in the world did you know that that is my all time FAVORITE song!!?? Seriously! I had that song for my myspace song forever!! You are so awesome and I am honored to have met you! Thank you for doing this and for making my day!!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, I really enjoy your "Here's to you Thursday." Thanks for directing me to soem nice blogs. BTW, the clips are great and I still love your playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haa haaa! I'm putting my request in for that one as a pool boy!!! :D Too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm at a loss for words. This was so so kind of you and it did make me laugh my ass off...b/c I've often thought of recording my husband in the middle of his idiocy and playing it back for him later. lol! Did I get what you wanted me to get? Oh, and you should know Courtney Cox and the other chic are 2 of my favorite "smart ass" TV actresses....I aspire to be like them one day. hehehe Thanks so much and you definitely put a big smile on my face and definitely made me laugh...which I needed. :) You're a sweet lady. Oh, btw, I used to live in Augusta when I was a kid and have lots of family in GA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Robin! Thank you for voting for me- I just wanted to come back in response ot your comment, I think there was some confusion as far as people 39+- I THINK WE GET BETTER WITH AGE :) here's my response to your comment, that I posted back on my blog but there was no email to send it to you directly:

    Robin- Thank you and OF COURSE NOT! Life doesn't end when you turn thirty, IN FACT, I think it's quite the opposite- i just wanted a show that spoke to a specific audience in an area that isn't really covered. Most of the 20something shows are bad reality television...and we've got so much more to us than that. People get better with age, no doubt about it- I just wanted to create a show with a clear concept for a specific audience that's doing pretty kick ass things that aren't getting talk about...or they're trying to figure it out and need a little inspiration, honesty, etc. I hope that makes sense! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I want that red vinyl suit.
    lol.
    Thanks Robin.
    She looked good and Kicked @ss.
    So me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen most of those shows, but I used to be addicted to Felicity. Loved that show. And Five For Fighting is fantastic--100 years is one of the best songs ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa, I love these 'here's to you thursday" posts and...WOW, "friends" how brilliant are you? Thanks. This certainly made my day. And, I have to say, that all the videos for everyone were pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure if I'm going to come off the bleachers and get the girl this week but one never knows now do they.

    ReplyDelete
  11. For some reason I cannot click mine. I've had some computer work done so this may be to blame. Please be patient. Will come back as I sort through technical difficulties...would help if you clicked the address of the youtube posting on my blog or below. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love my video! I'm grateful that I've seen some Joan of Arcadia eps so I knew that the little girl was actually God :) And she was so right on - you can put down anything as soon as it starts to feel heavy. That's how it works. :)

    Once again, you've found the PERFECT video for me - you are so spot-on with finding ones that perfectly echo where my head's at ;)

    Hope you had a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!