Friday, August 2, 2013

HERE'S TO YOU... FRIDAY

Every now and then, one of you will spur me in your comments to make an addition to the Thursday post on Friday.  It is rare, but it does happen.

If you are scratching your head going, "What Thursday post?"

Well, you need to click on Older Posts and go back one day for the HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY post that happened yesterday.  I tagged out some awesome bloggie friends and dedicated some YouTube footage to them.

This one is for Jasmine at A Yellow Rose of Texas:


Yes, I know that makes you twice as lucky.  But, that is how I roll here.  When I feel it, I post it.

Folks call me The Maverick
Guess I aint too diplomatic
I just never been the kind to go along
Just avoidin' confrontation
For the sake of conformation
And I'll admit I tend to sing a different song
But sometimes you just can't be afraid to wear a different hat
If Columbus had complied
Then this old world might still be flat
Nothin' ventured, nothin' gained
Sometimes you've got to go against the grain

 

Well' I've been accused
Of makin' my own rules
There must be rebel blood
Just a-runnin' through my veins
But I aint no hypocrite
What you see is what you get
And that's the only way I know to play the game.
Old Noah took much ridicule
For building his great ark
But after forty days and forty nights
He was lookin' pretty smart
Sometimes it's best to brave the wind and rain
By havin' the strength to go against the grain

 

Well, there's more folks than a few
Who share my point of view
But they're worried if they're gonna sink or swim
They'd like to buck the system
But the deck is stacked against them
And they're a little scared to go out on a limb
But if you're gonna make a difference
If you're gonna leave your mark
You can't follow like a bunch of sheep
You got to listen to your heart
Go bustin' in like old John Wayne
Sometimes you've got to go against the grain

 

Nothin' ventured, nothin' gained
Sometimes you've got to go against the grain.


10 comments:

  1. I love these! Thanks for sharing more today :) Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never go wrong with a Firefly clip anyway. And the lyrics are great. No one laughs at Noah now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garth Brooks? The voice on there sounds so familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca ~ These are fun. Glad you stopped back in.

    Alex ~ So true. I miss Firefly:( You have a point about Noah...

    mail4rosey ~ Good ear. That is Garth Brooks:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I read the lyrics before listening. The tune is so catchy, and the message is even better. Lots of fun.

    Thanks, Robin.
    I hope you've been having a great weekend.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great clip. There's a lot to be said about being a Maverick. Leading is much more enjoyable than following... we just have to look over our shoulders from time to time to make sure someone's still back there following.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoah, I didn't even know this was possible- an addition to your perfectly wonderful 'Here's To You Thursday' posts. Incredible! I love it!
    And boy have I loved me some Garth Brooks music over time. It was Garth Brooks that brought me out of my country music listening closet back in high school. My high school favored gangsta rap... and sometimes I've been known to listen to that too. What else is new, right? ;)
    You know, I am just the type to never even bother to look back to see if anyone is following along. Maybe I ought to now and then?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would notice if you were out there out all alone. Just sayin'.

      Delete
  8. Robyn ~ Yes, I love this one. Always surprised me that they never decided to put it on the radio. But then, what do I know????

    Susan ~ Do you store those gems for thought? Where do you keep them? That is what I want to know!!!

    Jasmine ~ It was this CD that got me to start listening to country in the 90s. I was a bit crushed when he quit the scene, but I was really glad I saw him in concert on his Fresh Horses tour before it happened. He is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Either I need a new computer or get my broadband speed sped up or something. Your site just loves to crash on me.

    Those words remind me a lot about my thoughts on some of the more superficial aspects of blogging. Cynical or truthful. I'd rather do my own thing than follow the crowd.

    Take care, cause, sadly, I is out of here n' stuff!

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!