Sunday, April 10, 2016

Battle of the Bands results (and my feelings about the A to Z through H)

On the one hand, I'm really enjoying this round of A to Z.

1) Very little work was required from me to put a post together. All I had to do was think of a keyword and let you guys play along in the comments. ::awesome::

2) Because my posts weren't/aren't all that time-consuming, I'm doing a better job than usual at keeping up with you guys.

On the other hand...

1) I began traveling Thursday and won't be home again until Wednesday. I'm exhausted. My brain keeps misfiring. I'm getting the days mixed up. All in all, I'm having some difficulty keeping my blog accurately in the air.

EXHIBIT A: I went through all day yesterday thinking it was Saturday. So, I forgot to update the "H" post with your Girl songs until after noon (when I was home again). Because I didn't do that, I also didn't update the post in general with the "daily changes" that didn't quite make the initial editing process.

EXHIBIT B: I've been meaning for the last THREE days to post the results of Battle of the Bands on top of an A to Z post. This has NOT happened. Obviously. So, here we are.

This is me:



On the invisible third hand, I need to note that we are really only just over a week into the A to Z. I can't imagine what I'll look like when this is done. Maybe this?


Okay, I think I've established my state of mind (or lack thereof). Let's get on with the results for Battle of the Bands. You've certainly waited long enough...

The song was Angel of the Morning. The contenders were Skeeter Davis and Chrissie Hynde. Skeeter nabbed the lead in this horse race and never gave it up. Every now and then, Chrissie Hynde would gain some ground, only to have Skeeter snatch it right back. It wasn't the most exciting BotB rounds here on this blog given the lead Skeeter maintained throughout the battle. How did it all shake out?

Skeeter Davis: 16
Chrssie Hynde: 11 (including mine)

I liked both versions. I simply preferred Chrissie's deeper voice. I don't always understand my own reasons for liking one version over another. It just is. I also don't have sentimental attachment to either artist (which I know can and, sometimes, does influence my vote).

The next battle will take place on the 15th. Or the letter "M" for you A to Zers. I hope you come back, vote for your favorite, and post a song for the KEYWORD. Lots going on here... daily, for a change.

13 comments:

  1. I love the little illustrations of your state of mind! I feel ya!
    Hang in there...Only 3 more weeks to go. Ugh! :)

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
  2. For once, I picked the winner.
    Now you understand why I needed A to Z Lite. Plus I've spent over an hour each day working on the Linky List.
    Deep breath. Tomorrow is I. You can do it.
    And yes, really enjoying your theme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling. I rarely pick the winner anywhere. Well, that may not be quite true. I guess I have a 50/50 success rate. It just feels worse than that.

      I don't know how you keep up with blogging every day. Not even going to get started on A to Z. So, you don't need to explain anything to me.

      I think many people really like the theme this year. It's been so much fun to see what you guys come up with for the keyword each day!!!

      Delete
  3. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm actually going to be out of town this week from Friday till Monday. I'm not really going to have internet access. I have my posts for those days already scheduled but I'm going to take a while to get back to everyone. I'm hoping people don't give up on me. I may have to take a pass on BOTB this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissie lost? Well, shit. That is disappointing.
    You hit on a fabulous idea for your theme, Robin. Love it!
    I can relate to stressing out over the A-Z. I only had posts A-G pre-written (first I was sick, then March was crazy offline) when we started. Last week, I managed to write H-L. Still behind on comment responses and chores around here are piling up, PLUS, the taxes need to be filed. Luckily we have until April 30 in Canada. It's only been a week? Seems like a month. I think many of us are feeling the strain and therefore will be forgiving of others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think 'stress' could be a four letter word, once you lose your "S". Sorry, could not resist. I have enjoyed your theme, though I've missed a couple of posts.

    A-Z is really a challenge! Last year for me was fun but I took this year off. Life as a minion for John Holton has been great. This is my second year with him!

    Take care of you, Robin. There's no one like. Smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can understand the travel thing. I just got back yesterday from a trip that started on March 31st--kind of poor timing, but that's when my wife had her spring vacation and wanted to go to Houston to visit our daughter and her family. I tried to get on line as much as I could, but that wasn't much and it was very little time when I was actually driving. We had a great time, but it was not so conducive to doing an adequate job with A to Z. At least I think I made it to all of the Battle of the Bands posts.

    Now to play catch up. An starting from the letter N I'm still not done composing my posts. I've got some work ahead of me.

    Enjoy your travels!

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know it can get crazy, I have a crazy trip lined up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The whole A-Z madness throws everything off, right? That's my excuse, Robin, and I'm sticking to it.
    No worries, we're all crazed. You'll be fine - as fine as the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you're doing great!! Keep it up! Look at me, for example.... April 11 and I've managed to eek out two posts. I think you're a star! haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe I picked the winner:)

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!